Mike takes to heart the adage that ideas are f***ing worthless without action.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Fighting the demons

I've been sick... my temperature got up to 101.8 degrees F at one point.... so I've been out of it.  I'm finding it fun to get back into programming, but the bitgrid project is making me realize quite a few things about myself. It takes a few minutes to add a new feature, but the hardest part is starting.... there are many temptations and diversions, as always.  Those are the biggest obstacles, at least in this project.

I'm using Delphi 5... something old and comfortable. I'm writing quick and dirty code, and making use of Mercurial source control to allow me to experiment freely. It's quite liberating. I've got no real inertia to overcome at this point except that which I provide myself.  It's this type of project that provides the best opportunity for introspection, and I intent to use it.

This hobby project will help in many other places.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Munster, Indiana, United States
I fix things, I take pictures, I write, and marvel at the joy of life. I'm trying to leave the world in better condition than when I found it.